Tucked away in Southeastern Michigan is a hidden jewel of a place. Many people look for paradise but look no further than Hamburg Township, Michigan. This little township has plenty to offer every age group. Within the Township you will find that the people are laid-back, great chain of lakes, great trail to walk or bike on, and a great pub to end your adventures. If you like to be active and adventurous you will find a great home here.
1) The chain of lakes. This 7 lake chain is one of Michigan’s pristine riverways. All lakes are connected by the Huron River where one can fish, take a kayak adventure, waterski or just enjoy a lazy summer afternoon under the sun. You also can also take a tour of the lake from “The Chain of Lake Boat Tours” Captain Scotty is a great host and will chauffeur you on his boat and will tell the area’s great history.
2) Lakeland Trails: This trail runs east/west through the entire Township. Lakelands Trail State Park is one of four linear state parks in the Michigan State Park system that have been converted from abandoned railroad corridors. This trail currently is completed between Stockbridge and Pinckney, and has now been completed through Hamburg Township. It passes through wooded areas, rolling farmland, lakes, marshes, parkland, commerical and residential properties. It is approximately 20 miles long with an asphalt or gravel surface. Lakelands is designed for hiking, bicycling, and wheelchair use and horseback riding. Cross-country skiing is popular in winter
3) Zukey Lake Taven: Zukey Lake Tavern was built on the north shore of Zukey Lake right after the end of Prohibition by the Girard brothers (Maggie and Baldy). Owners of the first motorized boat on the lake, the Girard brothers would travel down the chain of lakes, picking up customers for the tavern. Not only did the Girard brothers build the tavern, but they built most of the houses on the north shore of the lake and the road the tavern is on, later named Girard Drive. The original bar area remains intact, with an addition being added in 1993 and then again in 2005. The tavern now seats over 400 people. It also has an upstairs “Tiki Bar” that seats 250 more people with a great view of Zukey Lake.
4) H.E.R.O. Fun Fest: The most exciting event to ever happen the history of our community is the yearly Fun Fest. From year-to-year, it is an affordable, convenient, close to home, family event offering daily activities such as shows, concerts, petting zoo, fireworks, laser light show, circus, etc. free of charge. There are many volunteers that help with this event so there will be no safety issues.
5) Close proximity to Ann Arbor, Lansing, & Detroit. Each of the cities mentioned can be reached within a short
drive. You can go to a Michigan Wolverine Football Game, a Detroit Tigers, Lions or Redwings game, or head to the capital of Michigan for a lesson in civics.
So there you have it, the top five reasons to live in Hamburg Township and if you knew me you can see that I am the most laid back person that I know. I would also like to give a shout out to the worlds greatest business…(click here)…